Biodegradable baby rattles were only some of the fabulous eco-friendly baby products that we came across at the Eco Baby Expo in Luna Park Sydney. It was great to see so many inspirational products under one roof. We chatted with many of the stall holders and had a great time testing, sniffing and sampling. Here’s a few of our favourites.
- Nature Baby Care – eco friendly disposable nappies and baby products. We chatted to Maria about the products which are made from compostable and sustainably harvested materials. These nappies are also available in supermarkets – whats more we have four packs (32 nappies per pack) of Maxi (7-18kg) for you to try out – watch out for our email callout.
- Reusable nappies – there were a number of reusable nappy options exhibited at the show. Some we have tried and some not. Bambooty (we can recommend their bamboo nappies and cute tees) was there and is going from strength to strength. Swimbaby which is, you guessed it, reusable nappies for swimming. Cutetooshies which has a selection of colourful reusable nappies.
- Natural rubber soothers/dummies and teethers made out of 100% sustainable natural rubber. Free from parabens, PVC and pthalates, these one piece dummies are easy to clean and of course BPA free.
- There were several Eco baby shops such as Sustainababy. IttyBittyGreenie were particularly chatty and helpful. Eco-friendly toys, bottles, clothes and skincare were on show. We couldn’t resist picking up one of their Greentogrow baby bottles.
- Eco-friendly baby toys. Decomposing in as little as 5 weeks once buried in the ground, the range of rattles, teethers and other baby items from Kiki Eco are cute, colourful and made from corn.
- Eco-friendly and chemical free cleaning. We loved Naturedirect’s Enviroair revitaliser which helps reduce bacteria, pollutants and odour from the air in your home – great for asthma or allergy sufferers.
- Baby skincare products were on show. There was a great range from naturewithin, great for itchy, dry or excema prone baby skin.
- There were also stands with more information on a range of birthing and baby topics, including naturopaths, calm birth courses and doulas. One for the fellas, a beerandbubs evening – a one night session down the pub where dads can learn techniques for supporting their partner through the birth. Including essential tips on what you should never say to a woman in labour.
The Eco Baby Expo was organised by Bonjour Baby and this expo was their first. A fantastic resource for those interested in getting to grips with how to go green when having a baby.